Thursday, July 13, 2006

Snacks for Work II


I only have a week and a day left for work. So, here is one of the last snack entries. I found a new recipe for oatmeal cookies with pudding in the dough. It turned out really good. I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. I used a cheesecake pudding, but other flavors could be used. I think the original recipe called for vanilla. Additionally, the pudding was one of those sugar free varieties. I don't think it made much of a difference. I've really decided that those mixes are made pretty well. Try this with your favorite pudding flavor and the right kind of add-ins for that flavor. Let me know how it goes and what you used.

Pudding Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter flavored shortening (I used 3/4 cup trans-fat free)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 (4-serving size) pudding mix
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup AP fllour
1 tsp baking powder
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup desired add-in (chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, etc)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Cream shortening and sugars together. Add pudding mix and mix. Add eggs and mix until creamy. Add flour and baking powder. Stir in oatmeal. Stir in add-in. Place on baking stone or sheet by slight Tablespoons. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.

No comments: