Monday, March 10, 2014

Just Like Starbucks?

On New Years' Eve, I had a full clinic scheduled.  I decided that since my nurses had to come because of that I'd make something fun.  I found a recipe for cinnamon scones that were supposed to be like Starbucks.  Admittedly, I have never had one of these scones so I can't really compare.  These were pretty good but dried out quickly.  Maybe that's just scones?

Starbucks' Cinnamon Chip Scones from On Your Plate
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick of butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup cinnamon chips
1/2-3/4 buttermilk (or skim milk)
for glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon water
sift together the dry ingredients and work the butter in until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Add in the chips and toss together. Slowly add the milk until the dough just comes together. Roll the dough out into a square that is approximately 1 inch thick. Cut into triangles and brush with egg wash. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Let scones cool completely and then drizzle with glaze.

No comments: