Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Fall Baking

Pinterest has become a favorite "filing cabinet" of mine.  I started off just using it because of getting married but have branched out for all kinds of things.  It started off being just a "food" category.  Then I added a "sweets" category.  Later I added "fall" and "Christmas" as well.  In my "fall" category was a recipe for Peanut butter Pumpkin Bread.  I thought that sounded really yummy. 
So, one Sunday afternoon, K (as "Blue Cinderella") and I aproned-up and threw this together. I felt like the peanut butter flavor didn't really come through well; but I also think I overcooked it just a tad.  I'd like to try it again sometime.  David liked it well enough to take a piece to work almost every morning that week.  :-)  Guess it was a success.  Try for yourself!

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread adapted from Crazy for Crust
1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
3/4 cup pumpkin puree, from the can
2 eggs
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.  Whisk greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, and peanut butter in a large bowl until no lumps remain.  Stir in sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Stir in flour.  Stir about 3/4 cup chocolate chips into batter.  Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.  Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean at the edge of the bread. The bread may fall in the middle slightly, that’s okay. At a 30 minute baking time, the top center portion may be underdone. If you prefer it to be more done, add about 5 minutes baking time.

No comments: