Sunday, August 31, 2014

What a Week! 36 weeks

 What a fun and busy week!  I had my work shower on Monday.  We got a lot of diapers for the baby along with a  few other fun things....and got to eat some yummy food.  Then the next day, my other clinic threw a surprise shower for the FOUR of us who are pregnant.  One of the nurses is due the day after me, one of the other doctors is having twin boys (due one month after me), and another doctor is pregnant as well.  Got lots more diapers there. 
(and I THOUGHT I was showing here!)

Thursday was a CRAAAAAZY day!  I mean, it was so not good.  I arrived at work and had a patient waiting for me.  No biggie.  However, I spent a good deal of time talking with the family.  By the time I was done, another patient had arrived.  After that patient, FOUR had arrived - including one that was supposed to come the NEXT day but came early.  Sigh.  I didn't finish morning clinic until 1256.  My first afternoon patient arrived at 102.  In the meantime, the school had called saying that Kate was complaining of her stomach hurting and wanted us to come get her (no, she didn't have fever, she wasn't sick...her stomach just hurt).  So, David got her and brought her to clinic with him.  She was fine!  The saw the rest of my patients and left to go to a meeting that I was 10 minutes late to.  Then, instead of going to get free dinner at journal club as I had planned, I sat in my office and did notes for three hours...leaving with still two left to do.  I got home at 815 that night.  When I got home, I looked at my feet and asked David if they looked puffy.  Yep!  We both agreed they were.  Thankfully, elevation helped.  I think that not getting to eat all day, being stressed, and on my feet a lot had a lot to do with that. 

Thankfully, Friday was much better!  I had an easier clinic day and came home to rest before going to the gym to do kickboxing followed by swimming with Kate.  Then we went to get the infant carrier and out to eat.  Was a good day.  Saturday, we went to the gym again and then to my friend's house to swim and cook out.  Kate had a GREAT time with another friend's little girl who is the same age.  Last night I organized the diapers and we cleaned out the nursery.  Today, David put together the infant carrier.  I'm a little worried because I'm having trouble un-clicking the carrier from the base.  I've heard you get used to it and it's easier with baby in it.  I hope so! 

I have a doctor's appointment Tuesday with weekly visits following that.  Just praying that Mr. Boogie Man (he is dancing tonight!) stays put where he is for two more weeks so I can finish work as planned.  Then we are ready for him.  So exciting!
 
Due Date: September 25, 2014  
How Far Along: 36 weeks 3 days
Fruit/Veggie: papaya, romaine lettuce  - 17-20 inches, 5.5-6 pounds
Gender: It's a BOY!  
Exercise: Still exercising almost daily.  I'm definitely slower, have a LOT of trouble bending over.  I will say, a lady last Monday told me I was her hero for still being working out.  Really made my day. 

Sleep: Again, not sleeping well.  I think it's just par for the course right now.  Oh well!

Cravings: Um...not really anything.   Still not much appetite.  Cold and sweet things are nice.

What I love: Feeling and watching the baby move! He's having a boogie party right now!  Getting the nursery cleaned up, baby stuff put together, and spending time with family this HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!!

What I miss: turning over in bed easily, sleeping, being able to pick things up off the floor

What I'm looking forward to:  getting the baby bedding in, spending the day with David and Kate tomorrow, only two more weeks of work!

What I'm thankful for:  My sweet husband, always taking care of me.  A healthy pregnancy. Getting things ready for baby, sweet coworkers

No comments: