Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Traditions

Well, I hope that everyone had a joy filled Christmas. Our family did. We got up leisurely, opened presents, had a leisurely breakfast, adn began making lunch. We ate lunch around 2ish and then just hung around the rest of the day. One of my presents was a (surprise for me!) new digital camera. So, hopefully I'll have some better pictures coming soon! Here is a peek at what we had for lunch and the recipe for our traditional Christmas breakfast.
Rib roast, squash casserole, potatoes au gratin, green beans, and rolls and fruit.

Breakfast Casserole
1 lb. sausage
6 slices bread, cubed
6 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
pepper, to taste
1 cup cheese
Brown sausage and drain. In a 13X9 casserole layer cubed bread, sausage, and cheese. Combine eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over bread, sausage, and cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 40 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

5 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

Your food looks so good Claire!
And, a new camera, wow! I've always thought your photos on your blog have been so, so good! I love how you picture your food and the decorative things you have in the picture. But something new to play with will be fun.
Have a safe trip back.

Anonymous said...

This was a great post. I enjoyed it immensely. I have bookmarked your blog for future browsing. I have great stuff on women issues at www.womenbrands.com. Kindly visit for refreshing content for your blog.

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Ooooo - what kind of camera did ya get???? I need a new one, as soon as my wallet recovers from Christmas.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Looks really yummy! Congrats on the new camera, the close-ups are really good, but then again, your pictures are always great :)

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Gail - Thanks! I can't wait to get my camera and figure out all the cool things I can do with it!

Arvind - Thanks!

Paula - I haven't gotten it yet (ordering tomorrow) but am getting a Canon A630 (probably). I'm just ready to have one that I know will work. Mine has worked all week but picks and chooses when it will take pictures.

Stacy - Thanks...I'm going to try and improve my photography skills. That is one hobby I think could be really fun.