Sunday, November 16, 2014

Oatmeal Cookies

 For some reason, I feel constrained by the descriptor "gluten free."  I don't feel like I can be as creative.  So, I kind of got stuck doing chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter (because there are lots of flourless versions of that) cookies.  However, one day, David requested oatmeal.  I was surprised but that's what he wanted.  
Now, oats are typically gluten free but I guess can't be guaranteed gluten free due to processing.  We don't buy special oats but Chex now has a gluten free version that, I think, is a little less expensive than your typical gluten free oats.  Anyway, I found this recipe and it turned out great.  They were nice and puffy.  David said they were "really good."  Try them out for yourself!

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies adapted from Mom, What's for Dinner
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups multipurpose Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup chocolate chip



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla an beat until well blended.
Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
Add oats and mix well, if you are choosing to add raisins or chocolate chips, add them now.

Scoop your dough onto a pre-heated baking stone prepared with parchment paper.
Bake 10-12 minutes. 
Makes about 4 dozen.

No comments: