Monday, September 16, 2013

Banana Bran Muffins

Most weeks, K goes through all the bananas I buy.  But sometimes she eats something else...like when we had watermelon.  She loved that and kept requesting it in the morning instead of banana.  So, I ended up with extra bananas.  Not that I'm complaining; I love making banana baked goods.  Another thing I love is bran muffins.  So, a few weeks ago, K and I made banana bran muffins.  These were so simple to make and turned out surprisingly moist and delicious!  I think David even liked them.  :-)

 Banana Bran Muffins adapated from Max and Kaylee who adapted from Fuss Free Cooking
1 cup bran cereal
1/2 cup milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup olive oil
1 egg
1 cup flour
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to 375º.  In large bowl, mix bran cereal and milk together.  Let sit for about 5 minutes, allowing the cereal to soak up the milk.  In a separate bowl, mash the bananas.  Add cereal-milk mixture and mix well.  Add oil and egg, stirring well to incorporate.  Next, add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.  Stir until just combined.  Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.  Enjoy!

No comments: