Saturday, December 15, 2012

Oreo stuffed Cookie Bars

Back several months ago when D was on a call rotation, I helped with K every fourth night.  Pretty much, every time I kept her, I baked after she went to bed!  This is one of the recipes I made.  I did forget to get caramel, so instead of being oreo AND caramel stuffed, these are just oreo stuffed...and they are STILL fantastic! 

There's something about all of a sudden coming to that center icing of the oreo in the middle of a cookie bar.  I took them to the lounge at work and, per usual, they were devoured!  Try them out...they'd be fun Christmas goodies. You could even use some of the special holiday oreo flavors for some fun.


Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Bars from Recipe Girl
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temp
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips
24 oreos (recipe says double stuffed which would be awesome!)
1 cup jarred caramel (I didn't have this)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 13X9 pan.  In a large bowl of a mixer, place butter and sugars.  Cream until smooth.  Add egg and vanilla.  Beat well.  Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and powder, and salt until well incorporated.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Spread half of the dough in the bottom of the pan.  (This is done easily with your hands.  I wet my hand with water, recipe girl used baking spray).  Place oreos on top of dough, evenly spaced.  Spoon remaining dough over the oreos and spread with your hands.  It's okay if it doesn't cover all the cookies (though it drove me CRAZY!), when it bakes, it will cover them.  Place pan in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.  Cool completely and cut into desired sized bars.  Enjoy!

No comments: