Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Mint Cookies

I told D last week that I'd make cookies for him but we ran out of time before he had to go home...work was calling the next day.  I decided to make cookies anyway!  He doesn't really like mint, but I wanted to make cookies with the Christmas mint M&M's...so I did one pan with no M&M's and the rest with them.  They turned out REALLY good. 

D said he liked them a lot.  I think I'd consider making this a new base dough recipe with varied mix ins.  I think one thing that made it better was the "sprinkle" of cream of tartar...I love that stuff!  Anyway, try these out for your favorite little elves...or even Santa!  :-)

Christmas Mint Cookies
2 sticks butter (1 cup), softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
sprinkle/pinch cream of tartar
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup mint M&M's

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar.  Cream for 5 minutes.  Add egg and vanilla.  When mixed together, stir in dry ingredients.  Dough will be thick.  Add in chocolate chips and M&M's.  Place walnut sized drops of dough on a baking stone or pan.  Place pan in oven and bake for 12 minutes.  Remove from pan and allow to cool for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack.  Enjoy! 

No comments: