Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  I pray that you are able to spend the day with family, whether a large group or just a few. 

Today, we give thanks for a happy, healthy family.  I'm thankful for a daughter filled with so much joy that she makes everyone around her smile.  I pray that turns into a joy so unquenchable from God that He uses for His glory! 

I'm thankful for a son who loves to explore and share love.  I pray this turns into an adventurous spirit and desire to give God's love!

I'm thankful for a husband who is generous with His time, abilities, and resources. A husband who seeks to lead in God's will and looks for ways to serve Him and grow in Him.  I pray that He continues to grow in His love for God and desire to serve Him.

I'm thankful for my God who loved me before I knew Him.  Who continues to pursue me when I don't pursue Him.  Who loves me even when I fail Him.  Thankful that He sent His Son, Jesus, to be the all sufficient sacrifice for my sins, to redeem me to Himself.  To be the Great High Priest who is familiar with all my needs and temptations and who died (but now lives) to now set me free!  I'm thankful for His great provisions in my life.  I pray that He grants me humility to seek Him and depend fully on Him; that I would be alert to His Spirit and follow Him daily.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: