Saturday, March 19, 2011

Back to the Cookies

I think I have been away from giving you cookie recipes for long enough!
 Plus, I am getting quite the stockpile of cookies for you since I've been on a call month AND I got a cookie cookbook from my mom's best friend for my birthday.  I've decided that I'm actually going to cook through it and am already five cookies down in about three weeks!!!  Let's just say I hope you all live with or know a "cookie monster."  :-)  This cookie, however, is one that I found on Picky Palate.  It is one of those recipes that made me wonder "Why didn't I think of that!?"  I mean peanut butter, pretzels, and white chocolate!? 

Brilliant.  And they did not disappoint.  One of the things I liked about this recipe was the "sandiness" of the cookies.  They were your typical peanut butter cookie in that they had a certain moistness but they also possessed a great sandiness that I think came from adding the white chocolate into the peanut butter.  Sooo good!  I didn't add any salt to the top of them, but I know that would just top everything off.  If you are a peanut butter junkie, you must try these!

Double White Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies adaped from Picky Palate

1 stick softened butter, 8 tablespoons
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup white chocolate chips, to melt
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter (reserve 2 tablespoons to add to melting white chips)
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup broken pretzel pieces
1 Cup additional white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Melt white chocolate chips and 2 Tablespoons peanut butter in the microwave (about 30 seconds-1minute) and stir together.  Add melted chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter to beaten butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla.
Place flour, baking soda and salt in bowl; mix to combine (or just add on top of wet ingredients). Add to wet ingredients until just combined then pour in pretzels and additional white chocolate chips. Scoop dough onto a silpat or baking stone. Gently press down each cookie to about 1/2 inch in thickness. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges become golden and slightly crisp. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

The JR said...

Looks like a good cookie. Picky Palate has a lot of good recipes.