Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fishy Stuff



I was going to post a modification of one of my cookie recipes yesterday, but I haven't gotten the picutres yet, so that will have to come later. Friday we had my dad's pizza...and it turns out that it was pizza pie day! Apparently we celebrated and didn't even know. It had pineapple, canadian bacon, mushrooms, black olives, and mozzarella. Yum!

Last week I cooked NONE...tests consumed me, so I lived on eggs and fish. Nothing fancy. However, this dish, that I made two weeks ago was a little fancier. It is a baked salmon recipe that I found on My Kitchen in Half Cups. It is really a pretty dish, quite colorful, and tastes great! The only "problem" to my tastes was, once again, crunch veggies. Maybe I would start roasting the veggies a little earlier than putting the fish on. I served this with roasted sweet potatoes...I actually ate some of them. Because of all the veggies, this is my entry to Sweetnick's ARF.

Baked Salmon
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 red/purple onion, chopped
several carrots, diced
3 ribs of celery, chopped
salmon filets (I used frozen - 1 bag from kroger)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place prepared veggies in the bottom of a baking dish. Place salmon on top of veggies. Bake for 40 minutes. I pulled it out about 30 minutes in a seasoned the fish.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes
sweet potatoes
seasoning

Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4 slices. Put in a single (as best you can) layer in the bottom of an oven safe dish. Spray with cooking spray or some olive oil. Season to your liking. I cooked this with the fish for 40 mintes and it worked well. If alone, I cook at 400-450 degrees F for 15 minutes or until fork tender.

6 comments:

Rachel Rubin said...

That salmon looks nice and fresh. I love fish with a "salsa" of veggies. Good thing you were eating well when you were so busy!

gail@more than a song said...

Hope this week is better for you.
That salmon/veggies looks so delish, picture is beautiful! We love salmon so I think I'm gonna try this one.
Check out my recipe for roasted sweet potatoes sometime, almost like yours....usually almost everyone that eats them likes them.
Recipe is on the main hambones site or I might email you the link.

Anonymous said...

I just love salmon, and sweet pots too!!

I am impressed that with all the work and studying you are doing that you still can find time to post your food stuff. Well done, Claire, but don't burn yourself out!!

Peabody said...

Looks like a nice, healthy meal.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, great pictures Claire! Sorry last week was so awful, hope this week is better. I love salmon too, and fix it several ways. Love sweet potatoes too, yummy!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Rachel - It was very good...haven't had salmon in forever and I definitely enjoyed it.

Gail - It is MUCH better, though I need to start studying again...tests again in 2 1/2 weeks. Your recipe looks SO good...I'll have to try it soon.

Kate - it is a way for me to escape the world of medicine! it's also a mode of procrastination! :-)

Peabody - They really are the best kind!

Stacy - Thanks! It's already better but busy weeks coming ahead!