Friday, June 06, 2014

24 weeks

And another busy week!  No slowing down around here.  David worked the ER both Thursday and Friday last week.  Then we spent Saturday together.  We finally got one of our paintings from London framed and browsed around at Homegoods.  We got stuff to plant a garden when we move!!!!  So excited about fresh tomatoes.  Then we had a LATE lunch at Izzo's...and David made me come home to nap.  So thankful he did that since I napped until 6pm! 


Sunday we went to church and got a surprise call about a showing at our house that afternoon.  I was excited about the showing but basically lost my entire relaxing afternoon to cleaning and having to be gone.  Alas!  K came home that day, too...so it's been back to getting her to school and such before work in the mornings. 


Apparently, I've really started to show this week in a way that people are sure I'm pregnant.  It's been crazy to me how many people didn't know!  I can tell that he's filling out some.  My belly is firmer, my belly button isn't quite as deep (though still a definite innie), and I'm feeling him move around a lot more. 
Per my doctor, I have an anterior placenta; so, she warned I might not be able to feel movements until around this time, but thankfully I've felt occasional (now daily) movements since about 18 weeks!


Thursday, David and I went to a nice restaurant for the graduation dinner of the pediatric residents.  I wore a non-maternity dress but I think it worked well.  Fun to show off the bump! 
I have my next appointment on Tuesday.  Not sure if I'll do the glucose test then or not.  Hopefully just a quick check up...then we might take K (with my mom whose here to take her to VBS!) for a treat.  Sno Biz or something else frozen maybe?!


Due Date: September 25, 2014
How Far Along: 24 weeks (and 1 day)
Fruit/Veggie: Corn (again!?), Eggplant - 12 inches, 1.25-1.5 pounds
Gender: It's a BOY!
Exercise: Still exercising almost daily.  No problems there.  I'm getting short of breath occasionally during the regular day but not overly working out.  Odd.
Sleep: Sleep has been a little off and on.  I'm waking up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom.  Turning over is getting a little more difficult and I'm having some "stretching" sensations at night which can be a bit uncomfortable.

Cravings: No cravings really but I did have such a hungry day yesterday.  Woke up hungry and stayed that way through early afternoon.
What I love: That David has felt him move even though it isn't a consistent thing.  :-)  planning for baby.  We are now trying to figure out what to do for bedding.  I can't find much I like, so might have to custom order or make. 
What I miss: turning over in bed easily, being able to go "full out" at the gym, having energy for the WHOLE day!
What I'm looking forward to: moving back to my hometown, baby shopping, getting K ready for school, baby showers, family reunion
What I'm thankful for: my husband who takes care of me...even caters to me.  Y'all he is GREAT!  He's always making sure I get time to rest even though he is probably busier than I am. That K gets to go to VBS next week and a visit from my mom.

No comments: