Monday, December 23, 2013

More S'more Items!

When David did his ER shift in November, I made a S'more bar for him to take.  This was when he was trying gluten free for a bit but this wasn't gluten free.  I wanted to try it, though, and figured the ER shift would be a good time to try.  It turned out GREAT!  I love anything graham and could have eaten many of these myself.  I may have doubled this recipe but I can't remember if I did or not.  I'm sure it would double fine!

S'mores Bars adapted from Truffled Delights
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp. baking powder
2 king-sized chocolate bars
1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff

Preheat oven to 350 degrees & spray an 8-inch baking pan.  In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  In a small bowl, whisk flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.  Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
Divide dough in half and press into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.  Place chocolate bars over dough.  Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme/fluff.  Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the marshmallow.  Bake for 30-35 minutes, until lightly browned.  Let cool and cut into bars.  Enjoy!

No comments: