Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Egg Sammy

I know that I've said it many times before, but I must say it again...I love eggs!  Yes, sometimes I feel like making eggs is a cop out when it comes to cooking.  However, you can change things up and make something new and fresh depending on what you pair the lowly egg with.  Last month, I really wanted eggs but had some avacado that I wanted to use as well. 

What else?  Hmmm...how about a Southwest egg sammich!?  So, I toasted a bagel thin, scrambled some egg white and build my sandwich.  Oh...it was SO good!  It was just what the doctor ordered.  ;-)

Egg Sandwich
Your choice of bread (bagel, English muffin, biscuit, etc.)
Scrambled egg/egg white (or cooked in your favorite manner, fried or poached would be good, too)
tomato
avacado
Laughing Cow cheese

Toast bread.  Meanwhile, cook the egg to your desired doneness.  Spread cheese on your bread.  Place the egg on the bread.  Top with tomato and then avacado.  ENJOY!!

1 comment:

The JR said...

As long as you are not eating them raw, it's still cooking. And what's wrong with having eggs at any meal. They are so versitile that you can do anything you want with them.