Thursday, June 17, 2010

When You Feel Scrambled Have Some Eggs

When we arrived back from our trip to help my brother move a few weeks ago, I didn't have much to offer in my kitchen.  When that happens, one of the best options...in my opinion...is eggs.  I haven't made scrambled eggs in ages because I usually do omelets so that I can add some yummy veggies to my dinner. 

So, before I fixed my omelet, I made my parents some scrambled eggs...cheesy at Daddy's request!  Alongside we had tomato basil bread from Panera (perfect when toasted!) and fresh peaches.  It is such a simple dinner and is healthy.  You could surely add some chopped veggies if you wanted.  I may have to try that sometime. 

Scrambled Eggs (serves 2)
3 eggs
milk
salt
pepper
cheese

In a bowl, crack your eggs.  Pour the mik into the bowl until the milk swirls around the yolks.  The sprinkle each yolk with salt and pepper.  This really puts the right amount of seasoning in there.  With a fork, whisk the eggs until the yolks are broken and well mixed.  You should have a mixture that is a pretty yellow color.  Then sprinkle cheese on top of the mixture.  Lightly whisk.  Meanwhile, heat a skillet on the stove to medium heat.  Spray with cooking spray.  pour the egg mixture into the skillet.  Let it sit for a minute.  Then take a plastic spatula (metal will scratch and ruin your pan!) and push from the edge to the middle. 

This is what makes your scrambled eggs scrambled and not an omelet!  Don't worry if it looks soupy...be patient.  It will soon look just firm enough. 

Be careful not to overcook, the eggs can easily get rubbery.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

The JR said...

Sounds like a good meal. We luv breakfast for supper.

Abby said...

We eat a lot of eggs, too! Brad loves them scrambled and sprinkled with Texas Pete!

Lisa said...

Breakfast for dinner is the BOMB..and if I had plate of those perfect, golden scrambled eggs every night, I think I'd make it a routine (even though I'd die from the cholesterol!). Seriously, simple and fresh is best..and you nailed it :)