- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (I used 1/2 cup or 1 stick)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey (I substituted some of this with syrup)
- 2/3 cup butter (I used 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (I used milk)
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Sift together 2 cups flour and 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Cut in 3/4 (or 1/2) cup softened butter using a pastry blender or fork just until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool.
Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 (or 1/2) cup butter, and whipping cream (or milk) to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in pecans, and pour hot filling into prepared crust.
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool completely before cutting into 2-inch squares.