Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Semi-homemade Fiesta Green Beans....or Not

I happen to live with a roommate who, for some reason, doesn't like tomatoes. However, she does like green beans. What to do when I decide that I want tomatoes in my green beans? Stir in some salsa to my serving. It's a great idea for those families with picky eaters and members with different tastes. So, there you have it...semi-homemade fiesta green beans! Because of all the anti-oxidants in the tomatoes AND the healthfulness of green beans, this is a great, easy dish for Sweetnicks' ARF-Tuesday! Check out her site for more great recipes. Easy Fiesta Green Beans
1 can no salt added french style green beans
garlic powder
Mrs. Dash seasoning
your favorite salsa
Pour green beans (half drained) into a skillet. Place skillet over medium heat. Season beans with powder and Mrs. Dash. Cook beans until tender and hot. Take out the amount you want and scoop a generous tablespoon or so onto the green beans. Stir and enjoy!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love green beans, but others in my house don't always care for them. I will forward you a green bean recipe that I love (if I can find it). I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

She doesn't like tomatoes?! Omg, that's almost as bad as not liking chocolate. (No offense if you happen not to like chocolate, I still love you if that's the case, lol.)


Ari (Baking and Books)

gail@more than a song said...

Good idea! I usually use whole frozen but this would be a good idea for when I'm short on time and use canned..fun way to jazz them up.

Unknown said...

Linda - I'd love to see the recipe if you find it. Maybe beans will grow of Sophia. My brother didn't like them until we lived overseas and COULDN'T have them for a year!

Ari - I know, I know! I don't understand either. I do like chocolate...but not too much...chocolate cake with chocolate icing, not so much!

Gail - Frozen would probably work, too. Just cook the beans and then add the salsa when you serve. I use frozen beans for my green beans with sauteed mushrooms...I do it every year at Thanksgiving!