Monday, June 04, 2007

Nuggets of Gold for BrownieBabe!

I wanted to do the Browniebabe event last time, but I didn't get a chance to make any brownies. So, last week I decided to try some butterfinger brownies. They ended up being very "dark" tasting. That may be because I used cocoa with minimal oil instead of baking chocolate, but I liked it. I couldn't really taste the butterfinger that much but I think I may have cut the bars up too small. Maybe using the Butterfinger BB's halved would work better...or just use more butterfinger!!! Check out Myriam's site for the other yummy brownies that are entered. Last time there were SO many good looking ones! Nuggets o' Gold Brownies adapted from The Cookie Bible
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (I used 9 T cocoa and 1 T oil)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup AP flour (I used whole wheat pastry)
1, 3.8 ounce Butterfinger candy bar, coarsely chopped (I used 6 mini bars - would use more or bigger chunks next time).
Heat chocolate in intervals until completely melted. Stir in oil and set aside to cool. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Whisk in sugar, then add vanilla and salt. Stir in chcolate mixture, then mix in flour until all ingredients are moistened. Fold in candy. Pour batter into greased 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool before cutting or use a plastic knife (or lettuce knife) to cut if you just can't wait!!!

6 comments:

Freya said...

Oooh yummy! I love the idea of the nuggets of chocolate bar in them. We don't have butterfingers here but I'm sure we could find something similar!

Anonymous said...

Brownies are always so yummy and yours looks like no exception! I usually just put chocolate chips in mine but I'll have to try the candy bar approach next time.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh my word, Claire, you're killing me! Butterfingers AND brownies?! Good grief, two of my favorite things on the planet. Off to go print this one out :)

Unknown said...

F&P - Something peanutbutter crunchy would work...toffee would be good too!

Alisha - Thanks! I would definitely make bigger chunks next time...and maybe even put more it, but it's definitely a good concept.

Stacy - It's easy, too! Hey, send some with Tim to work on weigh-in day and maybe he can get some people to chow down and win the challenge! ;-) lol

Helene said...

When I was still in France I iscovered Butterfingers thanks to the Simpsons and I have been hooked ever since. I can only imagine what they must taste like in a brownie!N Great recipe!

TBC said...

Those brownies look so rich & moist.I'm drooling all over my keyboard now:-)