Monday, January 07, 2008

Roasted Potatoes

Well, last week I gave you green bean bundles, but Cate wasn't have her ARF event. This week she is and I give you potatoes. These are the recipe off of the Lipton onion soup mix. We decided to make these during the process of making Christmas lunch. Super easy and really delicious, these should make a showing on your dinner table. Potatoes have lots of vitamins in the SKIN, so don't peel them people! Check out the other great recipes at Sweetnicks' event on Tuesday.
Roasted Onion Potatoes
4 medium potatoes, washed and cubed (we used red potatoes...about six-eight)
1 package dry onion soup mix
1/4-1/3 cup (really, I just drizzled) olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare potatoes and place in a jelly roll pan. You can even line the pan with aluminum foil if you want easy clean up. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and toss. Pour the onion soup mix over and toss. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.

7 comments:

Peabody said...

I love roasted potatoes. My husband always wants mashed, I should just make these instead they look so good.

kellypea said...

Aren't red potatoes great? You've made them my favorite way here -- baked and seasoned. YUM!

eatme_delicious said...

I'd never have thought to use dry onion soup mix on roast potatoes! Sounds delicious. I love roasted potatoes.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yummy! I haven't roased potatoes or sweet potatoes in a while, but I do love them.

P.S. In case you had tried to stop by, we're down here. My laptop died last week, and then 12 hours later, our main website server (hambones) died. It may be another week or so before it is back up, and I will probably be without my laptop for 2-4 more weeks, while it's mailed off for repair. I hope our computer problems and viruses and such don't migrate over to you :)

Annie said...

Yum. I love roasted potatoes. I made some for my 2nd Christmas dinner with Pork Roast. I used fresh rosemary and whole cloves of garlic. They were a hit.
I haven't had the lipton version since I was a kid. I will have to buy some now. It also makes an awesome dip!

Jane said...

Yum.
We make these too.
So good.
:)

Unknown said...

Peabody - I think roasting is just the best. Just make the man eat them...I mean, it's potatoes, right?

Kelly - Yep...I usually don't do many potatoes, but these were really good.

EMD - It's so quick and easy. You should try it.

Stacy - Roasted sweet potatoes!!! Mmm...I did see you were down but glad you're back up.

Annie - with pork these are GREAT!!! and yours with rosemary...yum!

Jane - So easy, aren't they?