Saturday, January 26, 2008

Reese's Pieces Cookies - SHF

Well, I just saw this morning the theme for this month's SHF and I actually have a cookie that I made recently that fits the rules...use store bought candy! I just hope that CandyRecapper will accept my entry...it's a day late! If you go in search of a cookie using Reese's pieces, the recipes are few and far between. Add to the qualifications a cookie that is not chocolate based and the search is even harder. SO, I decided to make my own cookie. I had just a few peanut butter chips left and decided to incorporate those into the mix. The cookies ended up being a little crisp, but not that crumbly, break your teeth crisp. It was a pleasant crisp and softened upon warming in the microwave. So, if you get a craving for Reese's pieces cookies, try these out! Check back at CandyRecapper Jan 28th for other great entries!Reese's Pieces Cookies
1 stick margarine, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 stick margarine (4 T)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup AP flour*
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Reese's pieces candy
1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, mix 1 stick margarine and sugars until fluffy. Meanwhile, melt the 1/2 stick margarine and peanut butter chips in the microwave; 2 one minute sessions should work, stirring in between. Add this mixture to the sugar-margarine mixture. Blend until mixed. Add vanilla. Mix in flours and soda until just combined. Stir in candy and nuts. Drop onto baking stones or sheets in tablespoonfuls. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
*I'm not completely sure that this is the amount I used. If you think the batter is too thin or your cookies are too thin, feel free to add some more flour in 1/4 cup increments until it is the consistency you desire.

4 comments:

Peabody said...

I love the candy so I bet the cookie is great!

eatme_delicious said...

Yum! I love those Reese's pieces (though not really the Reese peanut butter cups).

Anonymous said...

I bet those are good! Never thought to use reese's pieces!

Unknown said...

Peabody - Somehow, the texture of the cookie was a lot like the candy itself.

EMD - I love the BOTH! :-)

Kristen - They're my favorite, so I've experimented!