Saturday, January 26, 2008

Breakfast Biscuit Sandwich

Over breaks when my brother and I are both home, I enjoy making breakfast, er, lunch...um...the first meal he eats, when he gets up around noon or a little after. This Christmas, he got up one day and wanted a sausage egg biscuit sandwich. Well, two to be exact. I was pretty excited to try my hand at frying the eggs. I cooked the sausage first, flipping to the opposite side when I could see it had cooked halfway through! Then, using the fat from the sausage and with the burner on medium (after getting the pan hot), I fried the eggs. The first one was pretty good but did fold over on itself just a bit. The second one, perfect if you ask me. The biscuits we used were those frozen ones. I, personally, this these are the best there are and wish I could figure out how to make homemade ones like them. Anyone have a good recipe? Nevertheless, Philip took his plate into the den, set his tray, and enjoyed his sandwiches while watching some car show (probably!). Breakfast Sandwiches
frozen biscuits (or your own homemade!)
breakfast sausage patties
egg
Prepare in the amounts you need!
Preheat the oven to the package instructions. Bake biscuits. While they cook, fry the sausage until cooked through. In the fat from the sausage, fry the eggs. Flip the eggs when they are beginning to cook over the edges but are still uncooked right around the yolk. The second side needs only minimal cooking if you like a runny yolk (which my family does). Split open the biscuit and place a sausage and egg on top. Top with the biscuit top and enjoy. If you like,you can put cheese on the sandwich or even use bacon or canadian bacon.

1 comment:

Jane said...

YUMMMMMMMM!