Tuesday, April 09, 2013

The Day Before

A month ago today I married, my sweet husband!  In that time, we've barely had a chance to stop.  Life is busy!  Thankfully, I did get to stop for about a week and enjoy things.  The Friday before the wedding, my precious Sunday school teacher (who has been such a present influence in my life even before Sunday school) along with her sister, our pastor's wife, and one of my best friend's mom held a bridesmaids' luncheon. 

It was fantastic!  The little touches were just everywhere from the monogrammed door hanging
to the monogrammed napkins
to the menus (tailored to what I would like)
to the special bride's chair
to the Bible verses that each of my bridesmaids read, including one specifically special to me and D. 

It was the perfect way to start a perfect weekend!  Thanks so much Mrs. Vickie, Mrs. Wanda, Mrs. Susan, and Mrs. Denise!

The fritatta was actually "my" fritatta.  I really must pull out that recipe again, it's so good! 

Guess it'll need to be when D isn't around to eat.  I think he'd make funny faces if he ate this.  The cake was a banana walnut caramel cake. OH MY WORD!  Can I just say DIVINE! 

I wanted to eat the entire large piece but refrained because I knew there was a yummy dinner coming later that night...and it was delicious!  (I actually have the recipe for the rolls pictured above. I'll have to find it and post it...they are some of the best...and make great cinnamon rolls, too!)

Garden Frittata
1 yellow squash, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 onion, diced
1-2 tomatoes (I like Roma the best)
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons parsley
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 cup low fat mozzarella (you can use less if you want)
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put prepared squash, zucchini, and onion in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Put bowl in the microwave and cook on high for 7-9 minutes. Drain these vegetables and pour them into the bottom of a pie pan. Place slices of tomato on top of the squash. Sprinkle mozzarella on top and then top with feta. Whisk together eggs, milk, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley. Pour over the vegetables...slowly, to be sure that it doesn't run over. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving. 

No comments: