Tuesday, April 30, 2013

5K and Cookies

A week ago, David was on call Friday night.  So, K and I made cookies.  I had in mind that we'd make a specific recipe for it called for chilling the dough and we didn't have time for that (or at least not if I was going to let K have a cookie before bed) so I asked her what she wanted to make.
 "Emmie-M cookies!"  Hmmm...we had JUST made "Emmie-M" cookies and I had seen a peanut butter cookie recipe I wanted to make.  Compromise...use the recipe I want and add M&M's. 
Once again, I found the recipe on Pinterest.  It is peanut butter with cream cheese added to it.  Let me just tell you...it makes for a GOOD peanut butter cookie!  Nice and soft.  That Saturday morning, we got up bright and early to make the treck to my home town and walk in a 5K.  We walked with my friend and her little boy while her husband ran.  We both ended up getting 2nd and 3rd in our age division...while pushing 3-year olds in strollers.
  I thought that was pretty good!  Anyway, I took some to them and her husband commended later that the cookies were really good.  I think I'd agree.  TOTALLY recommend these!

Cream Cheese Peanut Butter "Emmie-M" Cookies adapted from Miss in the Kitchen
3 oz Nufchatel cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup M&M's
1/3 cup sugar for rolling

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and peanut butter together until smooth.  With the mixer on low, add eggs one at a time, mixing until combined.  Add vanilla, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar, beating until all incorporated.  Add flour and baking soda and mix until combined.  Stir in M&M's.

Add 1/3 cup sugar to a small bowl.  Scoop cookie dough into rounds and roll in sugar.  Place on a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.  Smash cookie dough balls cross-wise with a large tined fork.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies just start to brown.  Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.

No comments: