Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Cookie Cake to Be Careful With

A coupe of weekends ago, we had a garage sale.  Two days before, we had a wedding shower for a girl at work.  I made a sugar cookie cake that I saw on Pinterest.  It was a fun spring cookie cake.  

I used Easter M&M's, Easter candy corn for the candy.  It turned out really good.  My favorite bites had candy corn!  :-)  I had some M&M's left over as well as a couple of pieces of cake.  I put both in the same container.  The morning of the garage sale, I got K's breakfast ready. 
A little while later, I went in the check on her and noticed that the container with the leftover cake was gone...hmmmm.  I found the cookie on her plate and an empty container....NO M&M'S!  Then I found an empty Christmas mini-M&M tube in her bed.  "K, did you eat this candy?!" (We had a big discussion about asking mama and daddy about candy before eating it the week before)  Wide eyes....wait....wait...very small nod.  Sigh.....long story short, she snuck candy and rolls and brownies three times that same day!  Oh my!  After a week of no treats, I hope she's learned her lesson!  We'll see!  :-)  All that said...try this cookie cake.  It's really good!  Just be aware that your little one might try to eat any leftovers without you knowing!


1  roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookies
2  cups miniature marshmallows
1  cup spring-colored candy-coated chocolate candies
1/2  cup spring-colored miniature jelly beans (or candy corn!)
 
Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12-inch pizza pan with foil; grease foil with shortening. Cut cookie dough into 1/4-inch slices; arrange evenly in pan. With floured fingers, press slices to form crust.  Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows evenly over warm base. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool 5 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: