Saturday, August 12, 2006

Farmers' Market...Finally!


Well, I finally made it to the Farmers' Market. The last time I went was the first Saturday they were open. I didn't have anything to do today and planner to go there. It was great. I like to meander through the different stands, scope out the products, and then I decide what I'm going to buy where. It's really kind of interesting which stands have good squash, which stands have good tomatoes, good, zucchini, peaches, watermelon. They are differ in quality. I didn't get any, but one stand have tons of different peppers...banana peppers, habeneros, bell, some kind of little tiny pepper. The market also has a chef's stand where a chef is making food. I think today it was some kind of stir fry. All I know is that he was using garlic and is smelled GREAT.




This is my load. I ended up getting eggplant, peaches, green beans, and the sweet baby watermelon from one stand, the squash from another, and the zucchini from the other. This squash and zucchini is the best I've seen. No blemishes, clear color, and smooth! Yummy! I couldn't bring my self to buy any tomatoes. Even Farmers' Market tomatoes that are "home grown" don't stand up to small garden "home grown." You just can't make tomato sandwiches with them.

Later this afternoon, after studying pathology for a little bit, I went to the grocery store and picked up some other groceries. We now have bananas, pears, strawberries, mushrooms, and salad to add to these wonderful veggies!

No comments: