Friday, November 29, 2013

White Chocolate Maple Blondies

David is a chocolate fan.  I am a SWEET fan!  I could care less if a dessert had chocolate in it.  In fact, I'd prefer a dessert without chocolate usually.  Give me a good blondie.  YUM!  So, I was really excited when I found these Maple White Chocolate Blondies.  I even purchased some good maple syrup to make them.  This would be a really good recipe to use for a fancy dessert.  There is a sauce recipe along with the blondie.  I used this to take to the ER one day, so I didn't use the sauce.  Unfortunately, the blondie all by itself wasn't as maple-y as I wanted it to be.  I just can't help but think that it would be divine with the sauce and some really good vanilla ice cream!  Hmmm....

Maple White Chocolate Blondies adapted from Cookies and Cups
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla   
1 Tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups white chocolate
     
    Maple Butter Sauce (I didn't make this)
    1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
    1/2 cup pure Maple Syrup
    3/4 cup butter
    1/2 cup sour cream 
    1tsp vanilla 
     
    Preheat oven to 350°.  Line a 9x9 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.  Cream butter and sugar together with mixer until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes.  Add eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, baking powder and salt until incorporated.   Turn mixer to low and add in flour until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips.  Spread batter into pan and bake 25-30 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares.  Enjoy!
     
    (To make the sauce combine sugar, maple syrup and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted. Simmer sauce for 4 minutes without stirring and remove from heat.  Whisk in the sour cream and vanilla and allow to cool.)

No comments: