Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankfulness...

On this Thanksgiving Day, I hope that you are spending time with your family.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year.  It is when my whole family gets together under one roof (and that can be a LOT of people!  I think this year it will be upwards for 35-40) and just enjoys each other. 
It is a time to reflect on God's care for us.  So many times we aren't thankful, but really we should be thankful in all things!  Even when things seem to be going badly, God is good- even when we aren't!  He never fails - even when we do!  He never changes - even when we do!  He provides at all times.  It is also the beginning of season when we celebrate God's biggest provision for us through Jesus.  In our sin, God still loved us; He so desired for us to be with Him!  So, He sent His Jesus to live among men, to face the temptations that man faces, to remain blameless.  So, that He could be the perfect, spotless sacrifice for us.  So that if we humble ourselves before Him and accept that sacrifice we can be with him forever!  And that is more than enough reason to be thankful! 
So, as you are enjoying your Thanksgiving meal - be thankful!  K has reminded me that it is important to be thankful for things we take for granted as she has been thanking God for our "warm house" in her bedtime prayers recently. 
So, this year - I am thankful for a job, thankful for David, thankful for my K-girl, thankful for family, thankful for health, thankful for food and shelter, thankful for friends.  But most of all I am thankful for my Savior, who loved me enough to give Himself for me even when I was dirty, thankful that He continues to love me and forgive me when I continue to fail.  May I live a life of grace and Thankfulness!

No comments: