Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Muffins but Not for Him

Remember when David made the shrimp for me?  Well, I thought about him when I did baking that weekend.  I made banana butterscotch muffins since I knew he didn't really like banana that much and would prefer chocolate over butterscotch...so I went in search of a recipe to fit the bill. 
I found this recipe from the Baldpate Inn.  Now, I have no clue what the Baldpate Inn is other than it gave me this recipe.  The muffins ended up really good and my co-workers loved them.  I think they ate them for the rest of the week!  Definitely a good muffin.

Banana Butterscotch Muffins from the Baldpate Inn
1 Cup Oatmeal, uncooked quick variety
1/2 cup white sugar
2 bananas
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Butterscotch chips
1 Egg
1/4 C milk
1/4 C Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Preheat over to 400.  Puree peeled bananas.  Add bananas with liquids to dry ingredients, stirring by hand just to blend.  To bake, fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.  Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 13-15 minutes, until top springs back when lightly touched.  this makes 1 dozen muffins.
Butterscotch Banana Muffins from the Baldpate Inn

No comments: