Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fall Crockpot Pork

I love my Crock Pot!  Especially on Tuesdays!  K has ballet so we don't get home until 7:00.  Which means, we have an hour to eat, bath (which usually doesn't happen), read Bible story, say prayers, sing bedtimes songs, and get her to bed.  Obviously, there is not time for making supper in there.  So, I love my crock pot.  Soup is my absolute favorite thing to make with it, but pork loin is a good second.  It just stands up well to the prolonged cooking.  Chicken doesn't work quite as well unless you are making some sort of dish that needs to be shredded.  I have made a really good lime chicken which we used for enchiladas before, but I digress.  Back to pork. 
I found a recipe for a really yummy sounding fall pork recipe.  It was for apple pork loin.  You just cut up some onions and apples and throw it in with the pork loin and seasonings.  The pork loin had a really good flavor.  I thought the apples were good but the rest of my family wasn't thrilled about them.  Oh, well.  You can't win them all.  At least the pork was a hit! 

Slow Cooker
Ingredients
2-3 lbs. pork tenderloin
2 apples, cut into chunks
1 onion, cut into chunks

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (I used regular)
3 Tbsp. gluten free soy sauce
3 Tbsp. Dales
1 tsp. powdered ginger
1 Tbsp. Dijon or yellow mustard
Onion Salt
Garlic powder
Thyme
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Put apples and onions in bottom of slow cooker. Put tenderloins on top of the onions and apples. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic salt and thyme.  In a bowl mix together soy sauce, white wine, apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard and pour over tenderloin.  Cook on low all day.  Enjoy!

No comments: