Friday, May 30, 2014

23 Weeks

What a week.  It has been really busy and better than I thought.  K went to spend the week with David's family.  Sunday he was on service and worked in the ER.  I spent most of the day with a friend and her family for her little girl's christening.  I had the weirdest "episode" of nothing sounding good to eat.  I basically skipped lunch.  I felt fine later.  I'm actually wondering if it was heartburn.  I've never really had that, so I don't know what it is like. 






Anyway, then we got to spend the day together on Monday (after David finished rounding).  Then we did some housework until mid-afternoon.  THEN...we went to register.  Oh my!  That took forever and I still don't think we're really finished.  Tuesday, was a regular work day followed by massive cleaning in preparation for a realtor open house.  Per our realtor, things went well.  Hopefully, there will be some interest soon.

Wednesday night we just relaxed and watched What to Expect When You're Expecting.  It was a bit interesting and funny in parts.  I wouldn't say it's a great movie but entertaining enough.  Then we get to yesterday and today.  David has been working in the ER both days.  This is what made me fall apart last weekend.  I mean...fall...a...part!  Thankfully, I ended up having journal club yesterday at one of my favorite restaurants and didn't get home until about 30 minutes before David.  And tonight...well, David just walked through the door.  We plan on having an "us" day tomorrow before we get our little Miss K back on Sunday!

 As to the bump, it's growing but still changes based on what I'm wearing and day to day.  I kind of like the more close fitting stuff right now. 
Due Date: September 25, 2014
How Far Along: 23 weeks (and 1 day)
Fruit/Veggie: Large Mango, Bunch of Grapes, Papaya - 12 inches, 1.2 pounds
Gender: It's a BOY!
Exercise: Still exercising almost daily.  Piloxing was such fun AGAIN!  Maybe I can work on my balance some.  I find myself wanting to continue doing most of what everyone else does...but I'm TRYING to modify and not jump as much.
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well this week...except for last night when I was paged at 130am.  Took about an hour to fall back to sleep.


Cravings: Still no cravings really but I've decided that eating a broth based soup is sometimes difficult when pregnant.  It just sits in my stomach...uncomfortably.  Alas.
What I love: Feeling my sweet boy move around...and we THINK David felt him a couple of days ago!  :-)  Looking pregnant - patients actually started asking me without hesitation when I'm due.  Yay!  I love putting my hand on my belly and feeling like it's actually a pregnant belly.  I love how David looks at me!
What I miss: turning over in bed easily, being able to go "full out" at the gym, having energy for the WHOLE day!
What I'm looking forward to: moving back to my hometown, baby shopping, getting K ready for school, baby showers, family reunion
What I'm thankful for: my husband who takes care of me...even caters to me; family loving to spend time with K, a positive open house the other day, that my call week is almost over

No comments: