Saturday, March 15, 2014

Stuffed Potatoes - Fresh and Freezer

At the beginning of January, my best friend had her second baby.  She was working up until the day before she delivered and made freezer meals the weekend before.  Wow! 
I insisted that she let me make something for her.  One thing I did was stuffed twice baked potatoes.  They turned out really good.  K even liked them and she doesn't really eat potatoes (except as fries...blows my mind!).
 I made a lot of chicken and broccoli potatoes and a few with mushrooms and broccoli for me.  Both versions were really good.  To add creaminess I used some Greek yogurt and then topped with cheddar cheese.  YUM!  Try these out!

Twice Baked Stuffed Potatoes
potatoes
Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
cooked broccoli pieces
cooked chicken (I used Tyson grilled strips)
salt
pepper
cheese

Bake potatoes by this recipe.  It is THE BEST!  You could stop here and have delicious potatoes but continue on for the stuffed version...

Let potatoes cool.  Preheat oven to 350.  Cut in half and scoop out the inside of potatoes leaving a small rim so that potatoes will hold up and retain shape.  Place the insides in a bowl and place the potato shells on a baking sheet. 
Mash the potato insides with a fork.  Season with salt and pepper.  Stir in Greek yogurt until creamy (1/3-2/3 cup...or more depending on the amount of potatoes you have!).  Cut chicken into small cubes.  Stir chicken and broccoli into the potato mixture. 
Scoop back into the shells.  Top with cheese.  Place back into the oven and bake until cheese melts.  You can enjoy now or allow to cool, wrap in aluminum foil and freeze.  Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. 

No comments: