We've fallen behind on the Cooking by Letter. I don't know if we've done anything recently. The last one we did was "M." The topic that day was "Mystery Muffins."
5 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
Chosen "Mystery" ingredients
Preheat oven to 350.
1. In a large bowl, blend the butter, sugar, and egg.
2. Stir together dry ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Add flour to butter mixture in stages, alternating with the milk. (We did flour, milk, flour, milk, flour)
4. Mix batter until well combined.
5. Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups. Then fill the cups halfway with batter. Add a teaspoon of your mystery ingredient then cover with more batter. Do not fill more than 2/3 full.
*6. Place tin in oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.