Thursday, June 22, 2006

Roasting Away

The title of this post not only refers to the weather here in good ole Mississippi, it refers to my food tonight! If you've never roasted vegetables, you are missing out! Roasting brings out flavors in vegetables that you don't taste otherwise. I think one of my favorite veggies to roast is asparagus. Of course, this is more of a spring veggie. Tonight, after finding a piece of left over grilled chicken that needed to be eaten and remembering that I had two zuccini in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator that I bought a week and a half ago, I decided to roast the zuccini to eat with the yummy grilled chicken from my Daddy!

All you have to do is choose your vegetable, prep it, spray with cooking spray or olive oil, sprinkle with good seasoning, and cook. For the zuccini, I washed it, cut in round, and seasoned with garlic powder and Tony's. Preheat the oven to 425 F and cook the vegetables for 15 minutes or until tender. Enjoy with what ever your little heart desires. Any leftovers make GREAT add-ins for omlettes, one of my FAVORITE quickie meals. That's my comfort food.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Yum - I love roasted veggies. Unfortunately, we have to stay away from zucchini because my boyfriend hates it...reminds him of pickles (yes, I've explained that it is not a pickle, but oh well).

You'll have to make that Phyllo Pear dessert and post about it, it sounds so good!

-Crystal