Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Need a sweet treat without chocolate? That's what I prefer. I know, I know...what kind of female am I? Odd I guess! This is a great recipe to do with children. It's fun and interactive. We actually have a picture of me and mama making these cookies when I was about two! Oh, the memories! What are these cookies I speak of...the ever popular snickerdoodles!

Snickerdoodles

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
¼ cup milk
3 ¾ cups flour
1 t cream of tartar
½ t baking soda
½ t salt
3 T sugar
1 t cinnamon



Preheat to 375. Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix together dry ingredients. Blend in dry ingredients. Shape dough into balls. You may need to refrigerate for a little for ease of handling. If you don't have time for that, just use spoons, as seen in the picture above. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake for 8-11 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from baking sheet and allow to cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I think when it was all over, Snickerdoodles were my favortie Christmas cookie this past Christmas. Every Christmas, one cookie comes out on top and in 2005 it was the Snickerdoodle. And they tasted better and better as they aged (something that only happens to cookies around Christmastime in this house, due to the sheer volume of cookies I make.)

This year I discovered that the cookies come out looking exactly the same whether I chill and roll the dough into balls or I use my cookie scoop. So much easier to use the scoop!

Unknown said...

I like the scoop too! In fact, mine is broken but usable; it's time for a new one (or two)!