Monday, July 28, 2014

Getting to Know You!

Mississippi Women Bloggers is having a "get to know you" survey.  I really think these things are fun!  Check out my answers and then go see what my fellow Mississippi bloggers answered!  Get to know us!  :-)

1. Are you a morning or night person?
Do I have the option of saying neither?  I really don't like getting up early but can't really sleep late.  But I can't really stay up late either: midnight is about the latest I can do but I start fading around 10!
 
2. Are you a collector of anything?
I "collect" boxes.  This kind of started out of necessity.  My dad went on lots of mission trips when I was little and he started bringing back boxes as souvenirs.  They are now all over my house and I can't bear to get rid of any.
 
3. If you were given 1 million dollars, what do you do with it?
First I'd give to my church, then pay off debt (love medical school debt), probably take a vacation, and put some away in savings.


4. What is your worst pet peeve?
Hmmm...not sure about my worse pet peeve.  My husband just said "change of plans."  That's a pretty good one but I'm not sure if that counts as a pet peeve (though I really do NOT do well when what I have planned gets put by the wayside.  It really throws me for a loop).  Again, my husband came up with this but it's a pretty good one - patients being late to clinic appointments (I'm talking 20+ minutes, not just a couple).  Please, just get there on time.  If you are 20 minutes late, it means you got them 35 minutes after we asked you to arrive. (After experiencing this I have made an effort to really try to arrive that 15 minutes "early" that is requested to my doctor appointments)
 
5. What is the best thing about your hometown? (Psst…we’d love to hear all about it in a guest post for August’s “Local Flavor” theme.)
I'd say community.  People know other people, try to help out, have pride in the town and schools, participate in local events, markets, etc.
 
6. If you were stranded on a desert island, and your iPod could only hold 10 songs, what would they be (assuming the battery lasts forever, of course)?
First, I don't have an iPod, so I guess none!  However, I'd probably have "In Christ Alone" from the Getty's, "Defying Gravity", "Music of the Night," "The Prayer," some sort of Manheim Steamroller Christmas song, "Just to See You Smile" (this was on a cd David made for me our first Valentine's together.  I had never heard it before but it definitely made ME smile because I knew exactly why he had put it on the cd!), "When I Fall in Love" (first dance song), "Bring Him Home," some sort of Beetles song (I know, specific, right?!), and a version of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" (I really like the new chorus combo of the old hymn with a new bridge).


7. If you could have a do-over in only one area of your life, would you want one? And if so, what would it be?
I have a couple, probably everyone does.  We'll go with the silly, childhood area.  I really wish I could go back and keep playing softball.  You see, I gave it up in 4th grade because at that point, the YMCA league stopped and you had to go to the city competition league.  It was (and still is) VERY competitive.  I just wanted to play for fun and not worry about whether winning was important or not.  Looking back, I REALLY wish I had kept playing.  It was fun!  Do I wish I had kept playing in band when I stopped in 10th grade because they wouldn't let me (an oboist) only do concert season and skip marching season...no.  But I do regret quitting softball in 4th grade!
 
8. What is your absolute favorite meal. (Pretend calories don’t exist.)
This is so hard for me!  I still think I'd say a good vegetable meal: fried green tomatoes, FRESH red tomatoes, sauteed squash, black eyed peas, green beans, okra, corn bread...maybe corn pudding.  Then blueberry pie and ice cream for dessert. 
 
9. Do you have a hero? If so, who is it?
A hero!?  hmmm, I've never really thought about a hero in those terms.  I have plenty of people that I respect, but I don't really know that I could say I have a hero.

10. Why do you blog?
I started blogging back in 2005.  WOW!  TEN YEARS!  I think I started because I liked reading the other blogs that were out there and I enjoyed cooking.  So, I thought I'd add a little hobby.  I has also been a way to try new recipes.  At that time, I think I wouldn't really have tried new things.  Now, I still try new things despite having less time to blog.  I have considered not blogging but it's still fun to share what I've been doing with other people.  So, even though I am much more random and sporadic at blogging, I will keep blogging.  I mean, who wouldn't want to share baking experiences with such a cute sous chef as I have...and a new sidekick coming soon!?


Read more at http://www.mississippiwomenbloggers.com/#ob2WdX6XT0PP2fLB.99

1 comment:

Meet the Magnolias said...

I think I want that meal right now!!