Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer Gooey Butter Cakes

About a year ago, I found a pink lemonade cake mix on sale and thought I'd pick it up for fun.  Well, I decided that pink lemonade gooey butter cakes would be a perfect summer treat to take the ER last month.  K wanted to help...so, we got things together, pulled up her stool, and made gooey butter cakes all decked out in our cupcake 'jammas!  ;-) 
They ended up not being quite as lemonade-y as I thought they'd be but were still good.  Though, I can't wait for fall so I can make pumpkin gooey butter cakes.  THOSE are divine!

Pink Lemonade Gooey butter cakes
1 pink lemonade cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg

2 eggs
8 oz cream cheese
16 oz powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350.  In a mixer bowl, mix cake mix, butter, and egg.  Spread into a 13 X 9 pan.  Then mix the 2 eggs, cream cheese and sugar.  Pour over cake portion.  Place pan in oven and bake for 40 - 50 minutes.  You want it done "enough" but not too much...so that it will be "gooey!"  Enjoy!

No comments: