Birthday Cake Oreo Cream Cheese Blondies adapted from Teenage Taste who:
Adapted from That’s So Yummy and LemonPi; originally from Dam Good Sweet by David Guas and Raquel Pelzel
Inspired by Sally’s Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature (I used reduced fat.)
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.2 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 24 Oreo cookies, broken into about quarters
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 13 x 9-inch square baking pan with foil, grease with nonstick spray, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, wisk the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat for 15 seconds. Stop the mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the egg. Blend on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredients and combine on low-speed until just a few dry streaks remain. Add the chopped Oreos and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan. Press the batter into a smooth and even layer in the pan and bake until lightly golden and puffy around the edges (the center should still feel quite soft), about 18–22 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and then run a paring knife around the edge of the pan to release the cake. Cool for at least 4 hours before turning the cake out of the pan and onto a large plate.