Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pre-test Pumpkin Patch...and Muffins

 Sorry I've been so absent but my time is full!  I have lots of yummy recipes to post and will soon...my test will be OVER Wednesday (hopefully for another 10 years!) and I'll be back with more.

 Just wanted to share some quick pictures with you from the pumpkin patch and a quick muffin recipe.  While D was mowing his yard, I occupied K.  I offered to make cookies or muffins (secretly hoping she'd say cookies)...but she chose muffins. 
So, I found a recipe from here.  I did change it slightly and should have cooked them for longer, but K still enjoyed it after she successfully ate all of her salmon and corn and bites of carrot and cauliflower.  We added a few chocolate chips on top.


Best Ever Pumpkin Muffin Recipe adapted from Cooking with my Kid
Prep Time: 15 mins  Cooking Time: 15-17 minutes
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups self rising flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 (HEAPING!) cup Splenda (or use real sugar if you please)
 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 can 100% pure pumpkin
2 large eggs lightly beaten
1/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup lowfat Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Mix flour, sugars, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl whisk together pumpkin, eggs, oil, and yogurt. Combine wet and dry ingredients until just blended. Spoon batter into muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Transfer muffins to rack to cool. Makes 12-18 regular sized muffins.

1 comment:

gail@more than a song said...

I've been into baking stuff with pumpkin this fall, so yummy.....might have to try these, I love that they have greek yogurt. That's one of my favorite things right now!