Saturday, March 06, 2010

Mediterranean Concoction

Sometimes when you don't have much time, little bits of inspiration are important.  One of the challenges of residency is making healthy meals that are quick and will last for several days.  One day, inspiration hit! 

I have had a box of taboulea sitting in my pantry for a while.  I also had some frozen (pre-cooked, pre-shelled, de-veined!) shrimp...all I have to do is thaw!  Hmmmm...just need something else.  What would I turn to?  Only my favorite!  Roasted veggies.  This turned out to be SOOOO good!  The perfect Mediterranean meal! 

Shrimp and Veggie Taboulea 
1 box taboulea, cooked as directed 
2 tomatoes, chopped 
1 eggplant, cubed* 
1 "bunch" asparagus, cut into 1.5 inch pieces (I thirded mine)*
1 cup shrimp (about 25-30 shrimp) 

Roast eggplant and asparagus in oven for 15-20 minutes at 400.  In the meantime, cook taboulea as directed.  Also, thaw shimp in a bowl of water.  In a large bowl, place, cooked taboulea then add veggies, tomato, and shrimp.  Stir to combine.  Enjoy!!!

*You can use whatever veggies you like or have on hand.  It would be good with squashes, peppers, onions, broccoli, etc.

3 comments:

Abby said...

That is the best kind of meal! I love it when things come together like a song.

The JR said...

off to read about toboulea since I've never had it

Vickie said...

If this is a song....looking forward to hearing it.