It's been a while since I've posted about our alphabet cooking. At this point, K is through the letter N at school. We haven't done that recipe yet and skipped "I" since it was Italian Ice - I didn't think that would be so good in October! However, we have had such fun with everything so far.
Gimmie More Granola
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
2 cups bran flakes
1/2 cup nuts
Preheat oven to 350.
1. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and water until it dissolves.
2. Add the orange juice, syrup and salt.
3. In a LARGE bowl, mix together the oats, bran flakes and nuts
4. Pour the liquid into the large bowl and stir well.
5. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and pour the granola mixture into the pan.
6. Place into the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Stir the granola with a wooden spoon every 10 minutes.*