A few weeks ago, K was out of town. We had both worked in the ER opposite days that weekend and didn't really get to spend much time together. The last day she was gone he wasn't going to be able to eat, but he decided to get food that I like and cook for me. He got fresh veggies and shrimp and grilled them. You see, he doesn't like shrimp but I love it! So, even though he couldn't enjoy dinner, he made sure I had something that was enjoyable. That night, we then proceeded to play Super Mario on Wii. :-) It was a fun night!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- In a large bowl, mix the vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, salt, and ground pepper. Place the shrimp, bell pepper, and onion in the bowl, and gently toss to coat. Cover, and allow to marinate at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat a pan grill over high heat or prepare grill. Alternately thread the shrimp, onion chunks, and pepper chunks on skewers.
- Place shrimp in grill basket or on skewers. Put these on the grill. If using skewers, cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until shrimp is opaque. If using basket, cook until opaque.