1. What is your favorite thing to do in your hometown?
Hmmm...that's a tough one. In high school I probably would have said go to football games. Currently, the thing I do most often is go to church. We don't live there anymore but make the drive to go to church every Wednesday and Sunday. Would LOVE to move back SOON...and join in the fun events Clinton is having now like movies on the Old Towne brick streets, Summer farmer's markets, and brick streets festivals.
2. What is the best vacation spot in Mississippi?
Another toughie! I haven't really done any of the tourist stuff in MS. Is it bad that I've never been to Natchez? YIKES!
3. Tell us about the most fun date night idea in Mississippi.
Y'all...I need some help here! When I was dating my awesome hubby, we also had to take into consideration a toddler as he was a single Daddy. So, we didn't get many date nights (and still don't!). Our first date (though we didn't realize it at the time) was to the MS state fair...and I must say it is a fun date night! I hadn't been to the State Fair in about ten years (as I told David MANY times before he finally invited me to join him and K that year!) but I think that it is going to definitely become a yearly thing for us.
Another good one - pumpkin patch!
4. What is one fun fact that very few people know about you?
I have an essay that was published in a book...and I even held a book signing at Le Muria! Ok, so only my family and close friends came but still...I had a book signing!
5. Who is your favorite sports team (if you have one) and how did it start?
Chicago Cubs! It all started during the home run race between Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire (yikes...both apparently did steroids!). I was a bit tired of the Braves and the Cubs were frequently on TV due to WGN. I have continued to love the Cubs through a few good year of regular season followed by AWFUL post season...into the last few years of horridness (I know...I made up that word!). But y'all...one year it will be their year. I have to hold on to that! Plus...Wrigley Field is AWESOME! Being a fan of the Cubs also came in handy when David and I were "talking." He says it gave him something to text me about...it also gave him a way out of a little bit of an awkward situation (though VERY sweet comment) before we started dating (or even acknowledged that there was something going on between us). :-)
6. What are your top three “Best Eats” in Mississippi?
1. Walker's Drive-in (Got engaged here!)
2. Julep Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict (had our first breakfast as married couple here after we missed the already paid for brunch at Fairfield Inn by like 15 seconds...grrr)
3. A home grown MS tomato!
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Well, likely still in MS (unless we decide to go closer to our families in AL/TN)...but most likely still here...hopefully back in my hometown. I'd love to have more kids at that point and will probably still be working (I LOVE being a pediatrician!). I would love to have been on a medical mission trip by that time, too. Yikes, in 5 years, K will be 9.
8. If you could choose an actress to play you in real life, who would you choose and why?
Hmmm...probably Ann Hathaway just became we are both pale and brunette!
9. What is a southern tradition you and your family have? (Note: Get your guest posts on “Traditions” ready for December!)
Hmmm...this is a really hard one! We haven't really been big on traditions in my family. I guess the biggest one is everyone getting together at my parent's house for Thanksgiving. They we have a set menu: Wednesday tacos, Thursday Thanksgiving meal, Friday gumbo. It is the same every year and we love it! That's why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...family! Now, I do want to start some traditions with my own family - like new pajamas on Christmas Eve. :-)
10. List 5 things on your Bucket List you hope to do before you die.
1. Go on a mission trip with David.
2. Have more children - I'd love three but we shall she what God blesses us with! K is ready...she is always asking when God is going to give us a baby. :-)
3. Cook through a cookbook (I'm actually pretty close on this one...the recipes left are the ones I'm not so interested in!)
4. Beat my dad in a game of racquetball
5. Beat David at a trivia game.
BONUS: Not that I REALLY want to do this (or ever would be able to...or if it is even still in production) but I always thought it would be so much fun to be on supermarket sweep. I mean, I would totallly rock at running around the store at the end throwing things into the buggy! Anyone else?!
Now...what about you?!