Monday, May 14, 2012

Easy Salsa Chicken

When I go to D's to make dinner (or he comes here - a little less frequent) we usually look for something quick to made since our schedules don't allow us to start making dinner prior to about 6 or a little after.  The other night, D came here and we had decided to make chicken.  He bought tenders, which turned out great!  He told me he wanted something "spicy."  Basically, I took the tenders and seasoned them with Tony's Chachare's original seasoning.  I browned one side (3-5 minutes) then turned the chicken over.  Once the other side was browned, I poured some salsa on top and then placed half a piece of Sargento's swiss thins on each piece.  I was afraid that it would be dry but it actually turned out perfectly.  I served it with mashed cauliflower (which D said was tolerable...glad of this!) D took the leftovers to work for lunch the next day.  I'll definitely try this one again...hopefully, K will eat it!

Salsa Chicken
1 package chicken tenders
salsa - your choice, we used medium thick and chunky (I like this kind, D prefers restaurant style...so kind to give me my choice of salsa :-)  What a guy!)
seasoning
cheese - swiss, mozzarella, colby-jack (mmm, that would be good, too)

Heat a skilled on the stove.  Sprinkle seasoning on one side of tenders.  While browning one side, season the other. When browned, flip tenders to other side and brown.  After they are browned (not completely cooked) pour salsa on top of chicken (1/2-1 cup but you can do how ever much YOU want!).  Top each piece with a small piece of cheese.  Now, cover the chicken with a top and allow to cook for 5 more minutes until cheese melts.  Be sure the chicken is cooked through and enjoy!

No comments: