Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rice Bowls

Sometimes after a hard day at work...and there have been quite a few lately...I just want to come home and make a microwave or toaster meal.  What is good to have on hand at that time is something that I've made a couple of days ahead of time but that is "comforting" at the same time. 

Honestly, I don't know what makes something comforting but this nice little rice bowl was!  I was inspired by a picture on Cate's blog and decided to make my own version.  Honestly, I don't remember exactly what was in it but it was good!  I just made some brown rice and roasted a bag of frozen Brussel's sprouts, onions, black olives and (I think...if not it would be a good addition!) eggplant.  After that, I mixed them together with some low sodium lite soy sauce.  When I was ready to eat I topped it all with avacado and tomato.  This was the perfect dinner and study fuel.  You can really make it anything you want.  I think next time I make this, I'd put some shrimp in it. 

Mmmm!  No real recipe...just make some rice and add everything else!  Enjoy!

4 comments:

The JR said...

I make a version of Sushi in a bowl. We luv it.

Drew R said...

Hi
I couldn't find an actual e-mail address to use, so I'm leaving a site comment instead.
I hope that's okay....will it help if I tell you you're AWEsOME!!!!
Anywhoodle,
My name is Drew and I’m from the Home and Family blogging network.
I came across your blog and think you are a perfect fit for our recently launched blogging network!
Our community of bloggers is a fantastic place to discover new blogs, share your own, and get a chance to interact with our top brands’ editorial, social and magazine teams.
Feel free to take a poke around our site: www.homeandfamilynetwork.com and let me know what you think!!

I should also note that you DON’T have to create brand new stuff to contribute to our site. Simply sharing what you’re already writing is PERFECT!


Let me know if you have any questions, and in the meantime, we hope to see you around!

Drew

Unknown said...

wooops!!!

Sorry about that previous post. I was logged into the wrong google account :(

But still the offer applies!!

Allison said...

What a great idea. I always have brown rice in the freezer and an assortment of leftover veggies from the week. I think you just inspired my dinner tonight.