Friday, April 01, 2011

From A to Z

Okay, I have seen this on several blogs and it just looks like too much fun! 
A - Age: 28
B - Bed Size: Queen
C - Chore you hate: Dusting!
D - Dog's Name: I don't currently have one, but when I was little her name was Honey.  When I do get one, I was to name it Oliver!  :-)

E - Essential start your day item: I've been enjoying coffee with my quiet time recently.
F - Favorite Color: Pink!
G - Gold or Silver: Silver please
H - Height: 5' - 3"
I - Instruments you play: Piano and oboe
J - Job Title: Pediatric Resident - PGY2
K - Kids:  No but I would love to have them one day!
L - Luxury you wish you had: Weekends!!!...but like Delaney said, I cleaning person would be nice!
M - Mom's Name: Alice, Miss Alice, Mama, Mom
N - Nickname: Claire Bear, Clarence, Clara, Clarice, Cler, Lizzie, Chocolate E-clair
O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: ALL THE TIME!!!!!  Last month every 4th night, of course all of that is job related!

P - Pet Peeve: People not throwing things away in the peds lounge; at home, people putting dishes on the counter on TOP of the dishwasher but not in it!  Five seconds people, five seconds!

Q - Quote from a movie: "Inconceivable.  You keep saying that.  I do not think it means what you think it means"  The Princess Bride

R - Right or Leftie?: Leftie!!

S - Siblings?: I have a younger brother and a great sister-in-law
T - Time you wake up: Mostly around 6am
U - Underwear: Um...ok.  Yes, please?
V - Vegetable you dislike: Hmmmm...not sure.  I really like most of them.  I don't like BAKED sweet potatoes.  Just can't handle it, but roasted they're good.

W - Ways/ reasons why you run late: I forgot something or didn't make my lunch the night before.  I don't snooze the alarm ever and usually give myself enough time to get ready.

X - X-Rays you've had: Teeth and knee

Y - Yummy food you make: Most of my cookies are good...see below for a recipe!  I want to make more "real" food.  I can do some yummy stir fry, too.

Z - Zoo Favorite: Hmmm, I like the monkeys and the seals!

So, join in if you want!  Hope you had fun learning about me from A to Z!  Now for a yummy cookie.

  This is the third cookie I made from my new cookie book.  Once again, mostly because I had the ingredients and didn't want to go grocery shopping!  I love a good nutty cookie and this one was not a disappointment.  Please be sure to toast the nuts prior to adding to the dough...it makes a world of difference!

Pecan Crispies from Southern Living Incredible Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream butter and shortening.  Cream in sugar until fluffy.  Add the eggs and mix well.  Stir in the dry ingredients.  Stir in pecans.  Drop onto baking sheet or stone in tablespoonfuls.  Place in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden.  Cool slightly and remove to cooling rack.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What an absolutely fun blog post. I'm a leftie too. Great to find out more about you and your cookies look fantastic! I'd like to invite you to stop by and link them up to Sweets for a Saturday #11. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html

Rivki Locker said...

Hooray for lefties! Thanks for sharing. I loved learning all about you.

Lisa said...

What a fun read, Claire! I love that you play the oboe! Most underappreciated orchestra instrument ever!

On another..I'm loving your new cookie book because those cookies look amazing!