Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Tradition Resumes

For the longest time, it seems that whenever I went home I'd make banana muffins.  For some reason, the past few times I've gone, that hasn't happened.  Well, I made it a point to make some over Thanksgiving.  The recipe I used is from an old cookbook...I think Better Homes and Gardens Breads...but don't hold me to it!  The recipe is for Best Muffins and is just a basic muffin recipe.  However, the cookbook gives options of different types of muffins by modifying the batter.  I added bananas to make it banana muffins.  These turned out really good, though Mama didn't think it was banana enough.  I had only used two small bananas, so you could easily remedy that by adding an extra banana.  These baked up perfectly...now, if only I can get banana bread to do the same!

Banana Muffins
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 well beaten egg
3/4 milk
1/3 cooking oil
1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
1/4 cups chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mash banana is a bowl.  Add in all wet ingredients.  Then stir in all dry ingredients.  Spray muffin tins and pour batter into molds.  Bake in muffin pans for 25 -30 minutes at 400 degrees.  Makes ~12 muffins.  Enjoy!

Makes 12 muffins

3 comments:

The JR said...

Sounds good and I like that it makes 12 muffins and not a huge amount.

Cate O'Malley said...

Perfect way to get the morning started - yum!

Cate O'Malley said...

Hey Claire, can't find your e-mail address anywhere, can you drop me a line?