Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Quick and Easy

(This is the THIRD time I've tried to get this to post!)  During the holidays, I think we find that we get very busy.  So, when it was getting close to Thanksgiving I decided that it would be the best use of my time NOT to go to the grocery store.  I have things in the my cabinets, though my refrigerator was getting empty.  What to make, what to make!  If you're looking for something simple, this is it. 

Given, it is meat free (actually vegan though I wasn't trying for that), this is a satisfying dinner.  I just pulled out a can of chickpeas, green beans, and rotel tomatoes.  Combine, heat and eat!  Yum.  I served this alongside couscous.  I think that maybe next time I'd jsut use diced tomatoes and flavor on my own.  It was just a tad too overpowering and I couldn't taste the green beans as much as I would have liked.

Green beans, chicpea, and tomato "goulash"
1 can french style green beans
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 can diced tomatoes or rotel tomatoes
2 handfuls of spinach (this was last minute...it had to be used!)

Open cans, put contents in a microwave safe bowl OR sauce pan.  Heat until hot.  Add spinach, if using, and heat for a minute longer. Put on plate and eat!!!  It went GREAT with couscous.

1 comment:

The JR said...

Sometimes I would like to eat vegan, but the hubby is a meat-a-tarian. I really hate fixing 2 menus for a meal.