Saturday, August 23, 2008

Before I Forget!

I just got back from Houston where I took my USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills exam. It's a *ridiculous* test that all medical and osteopathic students are forced to take in which there are 12 trained simulation patients. We have to enter the room, take a history and physical, answer any questions, and have good personal skills with the patients (all in 15 minutes) then we exit and write a complete note (in only 10 minutes) with differential diagnosis (possible list of problems) and work-up (labs tests, x-rays, etc that we want done). What's so ridiculous is that it's only offered in 5 cities for the whole NATION and it costs $1200! Originally it was just for foreign doctors who came here and wanted to practice, to be sure they could communicate properly with US patients. Now, everyone takes it. ANYWAY, before I left
Deanna gave me the "I Heart Your Blog" award. I am SO excited...it's the first blog award I've gotten. Thanks Deanna! Go check out her blog. The rules of the award are:

1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.

2. Link the person you received your award from.

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.

4. Put links of those blogs on yours.

5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated Here are the blogs I've nominated:
Peabody at Culinary Concoctions by Peabody - she always has such delicious looking treats, many of which are original. If I need something yummy, I know she'll have it.

Anna at Cookie Madness - Anna definitely keeps us up to date with cookies, cakes, and brownies. I love to check and she what she's making, from something for friends, family, or the cooking contests she often enters (and wins!).

Cate at Sweetnicks - Cate is definitely a busy blogger. She has a son in first grade (who is quite intelligent, I must say) and a 6 month old (quite the heartbreaker) yet she still finds time to share her great dishes with us. For so long, she hosted the Anti-oxidant Rich Foods blog event each Tuesday, encouraging us to make foods that are healthy for us.

Jenny at Picky Palate - Jenny is another contest participant AND mom! She gives us great dishes for families (along with desserts!) that even her kids will eat...okay, with the occasional "mom" dish thrown in.

Deborah at Taste and Tell - Deborah is a soon-to-be mommy! She takes the recipes she finds on other blogs or in cookbooks she owns and shares them with us...after she's tasted them. I think that is a great way to "get the word out." Hopefully, she'll feel more like cooking (and eating) soon!

Paula at Cookbook Junkie - Paula is a(nother) mom with two kiddos. One which already has allergies and one that she is working oh so hard to keep from the allergies. Check out her food which is nut-free, as that is one food now taboo. She offers many meals here...from her cookbook obssession!

Erika at Tummy Treasure - Erika is a multi-blog woman! She has a recipe blog, a food blog, a garden blog, a book blog, and a daily devotion blog! WOW! She also works to make frugal recipes, healthy recipes, but have fun at the same time.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me Claire! What a great blog you have, I'll be back often to visit!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I'm blushing and honored to be sharing a nomination space with some very talented bloggers!

So how did you do with your test? I'm amazed at all work that you're doing to become an MD! I've never known anyone who went through the process, and reading about all you do gives me a completely different respect for doctors! I mean, I knew there was a lot of schooling, but there's a whole lot of actual practicing and testing!! Great job!

Darius T. Williams said...

Congrats!!! I know EXACTLY how it feels!!!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Peabody said...

$1200...oh my!
Thanks for the award. I can't believe it is the first one you've ever gotten. You get an award from me for just running a food blog and going to med school...I am always in awe of that.

Irene said...

raspberry sounds delicious. i'll have to try this recipe sometime.

I agree with you on the puff dough though. I had to give mine extra time as well and it still wasn't as dry as I wanted.

Anonymous said...

$1200 test?? Ouch! I'm sure you breezed through it. You always amaze me with everything you accomplish, Claire!

Deanna said...

Can't wait to check out these other blogs!