Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baked Tilapia

If you're looking for a quick and healthy dinner the answer is only a frozen fish filet away. When I'm working in the hospital, cooking dinner becomes almost a hassle. I get home and don't want to spend too much time cooking; I just want to eat and get ready for bed. So, this becomes a staple. I always keep some frozen fish on hand. Tilapia is a favorite but flounder and catfish are good, too. Salmon is great but I usually try to do that fresh. Just take out your fish and either run it under warm water if you don't have much time or place it on an aluminum pan if you have more time. When it's thawed season it with Tony's and sprinkle some corn meal over it. This cornmeal will give it a crispness that is remeniscent of a fried fish!!! Then place it in a 425 degree F pre-heated oven and let it cook for about 12 minutes. Then serve up with some veggies and you've got a quick and healthy meal.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Love quick go-to food like this. I've never had Tilapia but I love flounder, scrod and cod.
I guess I should give it a try...

Deanna said...

Hi! I just enjoy your blog so much that I have left you a little award on my blog. http://cornercooking.blogspot.com Enjoy! Deanna

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - you're right about the cornmeal...and yes, tilapia is one of my favs!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Tilapia is my favorite at home fish. It is so quick and easy!
As always, I see you are keeping very busy, Claire!

Jennifer said...

I really like Tilapia. It's so mild, you can really season it with whatever you want and it tastes great. I usually make blackened tilapia on the stove top, or sometimes a broiled parmesan version, but I'll have to give the cornmeal a try. I really like cornmeal coating and usually do it on catfish.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yum, I love fish but am married to a fish disliker. Well, he loves fish if it's fried and you have hush puppies, fries and cole slaw with it, but otherwise he won't eat it (say if it's baked or grilled). I love tilapia and it makes good fish tacos too. I bought a big bag of seasoned tilapia fillets in Sam's, parmesan flavored, and they're good. He will eat a "fish sandwich" out of that, if I bake it and put it on a big bun with all the regular burger stuff :)

Hope you're having a good week!